At this point in time, I can almost assure you that I’m either sitting on the beach, trying to surf, or taking a hike by a volcano (follow me on Instagram to see my Costa Rica adventures!). Well, seeing as I’m essentially living on the beach for 2 weeks, I thought I would share what I’m bringing along with me!
So, what’s in my beach bag (or in this case, fanny pack)?
- Blinc Mascara + Eyeliner – Between hanging out in the water and sweating in the sun, there’s no room for mascara & eyeliner that’s going to bleed or melt, leaving you like a raccoon caught in the heat. These goodies from Blinc don’t go anywhere once they’ve been applied, which means you can go from the beach to drinks at the cantina in the blink of an eye. Oh, and they come off just as easily as they go on, despite their staying power.
- Eau Thermale Avene High Protection Emulsion – Sunburns? Ain’t nobody got time for that. Keep the delicate skin on your face safe with this 50+ SPF lotion. It’s water resistant, so you can feel protected if going in the water, and is small enough to carry around with you for easy reapplication throughout the day.
- Dermalibour+ Repairing Cream – Ok, yes, accidents happen and it’s better to be prepared & be able to deal with them so they don’t get in the way of your fun. This cream soothes, repairs and purifies skin issues (I accidentally burned my arm on my curling iron last week, and this worked so quickly), meaning it’s perfect to help deal with any pesky cuts, bug bites or – gasp! – sunburns.
- Darphin Hydraskin Light – After spending time in the sun, it’s always a good idea to stay moisturized. This cream gel helps to keep my skin feeling hydrated, and is lightweight enough that it doesn’t leave me shiny, which is exactly what I don’t want when I’m on vacation.
- The Body Shop Honey Bronze Drops of Sun – Give your foundation or moisturizer a nice hint of warmth with this “holiday glow creator.” Simply add a drop to your foundation, mix it in, and apply as you usually would. You can add more drops to deepen the intensity if needed!
- Shiseido Ibuko Quick Fix Mist – After spending time in the sun, your skin can feel tired and in need of a refresh. The gel-like formula turns to mist when you spritz it on your face, targeting dehydration and suppressing shine for an instantly fresh feel.
- Matrix Biolage Anti-Static Spray – My hair has a tendency to go a little crazy in the heat, and I’m counting on this anti-static spray to keep it in line. A couple of spritzes on damp hair helps to keep static from interfering with your plans.
- Sephora Shine Beautifully Watercolor Metallic Temporary Tattoos – because beach time calls for a little fun. These vivid, bright temporary tattoos add cute body art that washes off when you’re finished with it. I love how colourful they are!
What’s in your beach bag?