Ahhh. Spring is finally here. We’ve officially hit the first day of spring, and while it may not have felt like it, I’m still happy knowing that we’re hopefully going to be moving towards warmer weather soon. I like winter for about 5 days each year, so you can imagine why I’m so happy that we’ve hit it. This season brings so many good feelings and today I wanted to share with you 6 things I’m excited about for spring 2018. Let’s get to it!
- Pretty Spring Manis – One of my favourite things about spring is the reintroduction of colour, especially those that are pastel in nature. It’s finally time to put the black away and add a bit more lightness into our lives, which is why I tend to fall hard for spring nail polish collections. I’m really loving the Chic Shook collection from CND and the Blush Collection from Sally Hansen, both of which have plenty of soft tones and pretty, Easter-ready shades. My picks: CND Vinylux Long Wear Polish in Jellied and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Blush Against the World
2. Getting my Glow Back – At this point in time, my skin is super pale and feeling pretty dull and dried out. The past few weeks have been pretty harsh, with cold temps and nasty wind, and my skin is definitely reflecting this. Spring is all about feeling fresh and new, and I feel like one of the best ways to show that on your face is with a healthy glow. Add some bronzer or a beautiful highlight to your face and give it a quick revival. My picks: L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Glow Nude Highlighter Palette, L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Glotion (for a quick, all-over glow) and Elizabeth Arden Dare the Bare Bronzing Gel Pearls (for a natural-looking bronze boost)
3. Fresh Spring Scents – I feel like spring is really about different things reawakening, including our senses. I start to reach for fragrances that can best be described as delicate and refreshing, which I think really reflects what’s going on in nature. My pick: Clean Fresh Linens Eau de Parfum
4. Lighter Clothing – As much as I love being cosy and wrapped in blanket-like sweaters, I much rather prefer the light fabrics and flowy dresses of spring and summer. Since I’m going away in a few weeks, I’ve been looking out for pieces that will keep feeling comfortable, breathable and cool when the weather starts to warm up – and that includes what I’m wearing under my clothes. My pick: La Vie en Rose Lightly Lined Spacer Foam Bra (the perfect T-shirt bra!)
5. Easy, Breezy Skincare – Once again, spring is all about taking off the layers and bringing things back to life – including your skin. I love how skincare gets a bit more lightweight and is more about brightening and maintaining a healthy appearance. My pick: Olay Luminous Whip Face Moisturizer (BONUS: it has SPF 25 included, so you can make sure your skin is protected without even thinking about it)
6. Adding a Little Sparkle – Ok, yes, this is one that can happen anytime, but what better time to sparkle than when the sun is shining? Now that you’re casting off the sweaters and coats, it’s time to reemerge as the beautiful, sparkling goddesses that we are. And hey, who can ever say no to a little bling? My pick: Kiss Jewel Fantasy Nails (I’ve worn them and they’re freaking gorgeous)
What are you looking forward to for spring?
Shop the post:[shopr_shopthepost collection=”spring-2018″]
Disclaimer: This post may contain PR samples sent for editorial consideration but as always opinions are 100% my own! xo