One of my favourite parts of the holidays is definitely having friends and family over to celebrate. I’m forever the entertainer, which makes today’s 12 Days of Gifting post one that especially speaks to me. I’m talking about Charcuterie Board Workshop, a Toronto-based workshop that’s all about creating something fun & eating a little cheese.
I had a chance to take part in the Charcuterie Board Workshop, which takes place out of a space in Liberty Village (they’ve also recently started offering workshops in Niagara on the Lake!) and had an absolute blast. We started off with a piece of wood that we were able to shave, sand and stain to create a one-of-a-kind charcuterie board and had a chance to chow down on some delicious charcuterie while enjoying some tasty wine to complete the experience.
I learned a few tips for putting together the perfect charcuterie board that I want to share with you to make your next holiday party even better:
- The star of the board is cheese – pick up a selection of cheese that range from soft to hard to have a nice variety. Start with some brie in the middle of the board and build out from there.
- Make sure you have cheese knives handy to make filling a plate easy for guests. Cut into the cheeses so that your guests don’t have to be the first to do so.
- Add meats, broken up into smaller portions. Select a few different types of meats and spice levels (cut into different sizes/shapes to make them easy to identify).
- After that, it’s all about building the space around the cheese. Add little things to enhance the cheese board, like olives and artichokes (keep these in ramekins to prevent oil from bleeding into the food).
- Pick up or reuse cute little jars to hold jams, honeys & spreads on the board.
- Add colour to the board! Fruit and vegetables (is. figs, blackberries, strawberries, grapes & raspberries) make a beautiful addition.
- Add crackers and nuts into the empty pockets on the board to finish it off.
Now that you have a few tips for putting the perfect board together, you’ll need to make a gorgeous board that’s perfect for you! I’m giving away a charcuterie board workshop for one winner with a plus one for the perfect date night. You’ll get to create a gorgeous board to bring home, will get to snack & drink and will learn how to perfectly style your board ($260 value!). This one is definitely best for peeps in the GTA – keep in mind that you will have to attend the workshop in either Toronto or Niagara on the Lake.
For your chance to win, you can enter via the comments below and/or Instagram. This giveaway will run until 9:00 am est on December 7, 2019.
Comment on this post and let me know your top hosting tip for the holidays!
Check out my latest post on the giveaway and follow the instructions on it.
Good luck and make sure you check back tomorrow for another great giveaway!